Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Self Abuse

Today I was at a mentoring class, and someone asked the question, "can you Abuse Report yourself?"  Nobody knew the answer to that one.  Not that it's very likely a griefer or copybotter would have an attack of conscience and turn themselves in, but we were still curious.

So I decided to try the experiment.  I Abuse Reported myself.  It turns out that you CAN do this.  At least, the report went in, and I got the usual acknowledgement of it by an automated email from "Indra Abuse".

Whether LL will actually pay any attention to it is another matter.  In the report, I explained it was a test, and requested an email response from a Linden if this was, in fact, a legitimate AR and they would handle one submitted against oneself.  We shall see if I get a reply...or a suspension (eek!)

1 comment:

  1. It's now six months since I tried this experiment. I never heard back from the Lab.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.