Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

OpenSim Adventures, Part II

Today I actually visited OSGrid!  My first try was with my favorite viewer, Firestorm Mesh Beta.  I just changed the grid on the startup page from Second Life to OSGrid, and used my OSGrid password.

I got logged in OK, but appeared as an unrezzed cloud to myself.  There were other people around, who told me they could see me fine.  I tried several "cloud fixes" with no luck, so I logged off, and downloaded the viewer that OSGrid recommends...Imprudence.

This viewer worked great, and my login performance was snappier than I've ever had when logging into Second Life.  I arrived in the OSGrid equivalent of an Infohub.  There were several other avatars around, chatting.  I used some handy signs to grab a freebie avatar, and a list of other landmarks (including some free shopping areas).  A nice lady gave me some green eyes and a landmark to her sim.

All in all, it was a very pleasant experience.  Gosh, this is a little like when I was just starting Second Life...there is so much to do, I'm not sure what to do first!  Work on my avatar?  Go shopping? (My inventory consists of a whole 26 items!)  Or create my own region?

Decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.