Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

OpenSim Adventures, Part V

It's a good news/bad news type of day.  The good news was, I got my region running on OSGrid.  In fact, I have FOUR regions running!  I managed to upgrade the backend database software from SQLlite to the more robust MySQL all by myself, too.

The bad news is, I'm still having problems, and so far even an OSGrid admin hasn't been able to suggest any really concrete ideas.  I can log in to any of my regions...but I can't move FROM the region I log in to, or even see the region next door.  If I log in to one of the "always maintained" infohub regions of OSGrid, like LBSA Plaza, I can teleport to one of my own regions...once.  Once there, I'm stranded.  Worse, the regions don't show me as the owner, and a lot of the About Land settings are grayed out, as if I were a visitor on my own land.

Ah, the joys of using Alpha software.  On the other hand, four regions in Second Life are WAY out of my price range, so I think I will be grateful that this stuff works at all, despite the frustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.