Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ski Jumping, and a Bargain in Boots



Last weekend, some fun-loving Caledonians got together for an outing, and as it happened, I had some free time and went along.  The location chosen was one I’d never visited...the winter sports area of Chamonix City.

There, I found a very realistic ski jump.  It’s free to use, and you can get a free pair of jump skis at the top of the jump ramp.  I won’t go into details about how to jump, there are very clear instructions on a sign right there.  I will say that it is harder than it looks…I saw some scores of 175 – 180 while I was there, but never managed anything  over 165 myself.  More often, I crashed instead!  It’s also very addictive; my partner Cindi and I went back later that day and spent an hour or so doing jump after jump.  There is a group you can join if you are the type who enjoys competition against others.

This is one of those things that I’d never have the nerve to try in Real Life, but feel perfectly safe doing in Second Life.  Highly recommended…go ahead and try it!

Get Set...
Go!

Fly!!!


While I have your attention, I’m also going to recommend you check out VG Shoes.  They have both men’s and women’s styles, and feature mainly Mesh items.

I have a bone to pick with Mesh shoes.  Most of them that I have seen have an odd sort of turned up toe, putting me in mind of Dutch wooden shoes, or the bow of a boat.  Many of VG Shoes’ offerings have this appearance.  But, in the back room, they have some non-mesh strappy sandals and some knee high boots that are very nice indeed…and the boots are a stone bargain at only $L 80 per pair.  They are equipped with re-sizing scripts which work very cleanly.  However, they use the older “a script in every prim” approach, so you should make a safety copy, re-size your everyday copy, and then delete the scripts to keep lag down.
 



























































































So Many to Choose!







1 comment:

  1. Just seeing this...omigosh, how did you ever miss visiting Chamonix? That was one of the first places I visited. :) Glad you found it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.