Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Strawberry Singh and the Seven Facts

Well, this could be fun.  My friend Web Spelunker pointed me to a blog post by Strawberry Singh, in which she lists "seven Second Life facts" about herself and encourages others to do the same.  I'm not usually a big fan of this sort of thing, but this one intrigues me for some reason...so I'll play.

My SL Fact #1:
I'm a teacher.  It's not just what I do, it's what I AM.  It's all too easy to get me into Teaching Mode...just ask me a question!

My SL Fact #2:
I'm reluctant to carry around too much cash.  Whenever I have more than about $L5,000, I'll send the excess to my alt for safekeeping.  I worry that I'd spend it all on even more stuff to pack into my 32,000+ item inventory.

My SL Fact #3:
I love notecards!  I use the notecard function to write "letters" to my friends, especially when it's about something that I want to be able to think about and revise and get "just right".  Chat and IMs are nice, but they are so immediate and don't allow time for reflection.

My SL Fact #4:
I'm a homebody.  When I'm in world, you can usually find me in one of three places:  My home region of Masocado, Caledon Oxbridge University, or White Tiger Help Island.  There are 20,000+ other places to explore, I know!  But I seldom get out there to explore them.  I made an exception the other night, and visited the re-creation of the famous Hotel Chelsea in New York City.  It's a wonderful build and I recommend it!

My SL Fact #5:
I love building, but I only get a passing grade in texture creation, and I flunk Sculpties and Mesh.  Scripting gives me a migraine, although I can open a script and tweak its parameters.

My SL Fact #6:
I love sailing and flying in Second Life (in Real Life too, although I don't get to do them often).  I wish SL had more reliable support for vehicular travel, and the current region crossing bug is driving me crazy!

My SL Fact #7:
I have two partners.  It's a three way lesbian relationship, which is remarkable because none of us are lesbians or polygamous in Real Life.  Yet we have been together happily in SL for nearly four years now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.