The organizers of SL12B are now taking applications from would-be exhibitors. If you would like to have an exhibit this year (or even if you just want to keep up on news about the event) bookmark this page: http://www.slcommunitycelebration.info/ This year's theme is "What Dreams May Come."
Some of the things we can expect to see:
- Many live performers and DJs on several giant stages
- An enormous Birthday Cake, which will also be one of the Event stages. This cake will be exploded!
- Tons of freebies and handouts
- Live presentations and seminars
- A Time Capsule, with contents typical of this year in SL
- Linden Bears (If you don't know about these...each LL employee is encouraged to create his or her own unique teddy bear. If you happen to meet a Linden in world, ask them if you may have a Bear to commemorate the encounter!)
- Hundreds of exhibits from the sublime to the whimsical, showcasing the creative talents of Second Life's Residents
- Looks backward, looks forward
- Amazing art
The annual Birthday celebrations are an absolute Must See event. Each year when I go, I'm blown away by the things to see and do. It's an absolute sensory overload...much like attending a World's Fair in Real Life, but even more so!
Maybe I'll see you there! I'll be the girl standing in one spot, slowly turning around and around trying to take it all in. IM me, but don't feel offended if I don't respond right away...I'm not ignoring you, I'm just in a daze!