Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2015

We'll Always Have Paris

As I write this, the world is still reeling over the series of coordinated terrorist attacks in Paris.  I am hearing things like:
"This is just terrible"
"I can't believe anyone would do this."
"Shocking!"
"I'm praying for the victims and their families."
"We must express our support and sympathy."

Well, yes, of course.  But while I sympathize with all the innocent victims, my main reaction is anger.

I am angry at the terrorists themselves.  Cowardly psychopaths who think that killing other people, strangers who never harmed them, somehow earns them points with God.

I am angry at our government, and the government of France, and governments everywhere who continue to permit scum like these people to exist and operate.  I am angry at the weak responses to incidents like these.  The responses are too often words, and too seldom deeds.

I am angry with the churches and the secular humanists who knuckle under to the demands of radical Muslims for special treatment, for the implementation of "Sharia law".  Those who, instead of opposing radical Islam, permit it to exist and flourish in the name of "diversity" and "tolerance."

Will the terrorists win?  I don't know.  I want to say "no," but it depends on all of us.  For the purposes of this discussion, we can divide the world up into four groups:
  • The terrorists and radical Muslims themselves
  • Those who knuckle under to the terrorists' demands
  • Those who oppose the terrorists and the spread of radical Islam
  • Those who actively fight against the terrorists, the military and police
It's the middle two groups who will decide the issue.  In this case, the meek will not inherit the earth...or, if they do, it will be very small pieces of it, approximately six feet long by two feet wide.  It's way past time for hand wringing and voicing shock and dismay at the latest atrocity.  It's time to take a stand against terrorism.  The lines are drawn, and it's Us against...against whatever they choose to call themselves.  Against Al Quaeda.  Against the Taliban.  Against the Islamic State.  Against jihadists of every stripe and in every place.  Against the demands of radical Islam.

Will Rogers once said, "Your freedom to swing your fist ends where my nose begins."  My nose, the noses of all France, and the noses of most of the world's billions have been bloodied for the last time.

Back off or die, you bastards.  We'll always have Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment