Pages

Thursday, July 20, 2017

Indescribable Indie Teepee

A few weeks ago a woman I didn't know contacted me.  She had seen some of my Second Life forum posts, and had some questions about land and permissions .

And that is how I found out about "Indie Teepee".  It's an annual event, and this year it runs from July 21 through August 6.

What is it?  Well, I'm not sure I can really answer that question, even though I helped them set up the region.  I visited their official website too...here it is: http://www.indieteepee.com/  The website was very helpful in describing what was going on when, and who was doing it!  But I went away scratching my head a bit, still wondering whether there was some sort of overall unifying  theme or goal.

Finally I got it through my head that this was because the aim of Indie Teepee isn't something concrete and specific, like, oh, Hair Fair, for example.  No, its vision is broader.  It's about virtual worlds, our virtual lives therein, art, creativity, and individual expression.

Indie Teepee has something fun for just about everyone.  There's a double handful of live performances.  There are DJs from popular SL clubs.  There's theater, and there are workshops, and a bunch of content creators are offering wares ranging from clothing to landscaping to makeup for mesh heads.  Oh, and there's something I haven't seen anywhere else in SL ever:  a Speed Dating event...with poseballs!

Visit the website, visit the event!  It's wild, it's eclectic, it's indescribable.  It's Indie Teepee 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment